Childcare providers across the UK have been left in an unsustainable position as recent rates for 3 and 4 year old funding were announced just days before the new financial year. In the majority of cases the rates announced, which already did not cover the cost of funded places, have not been increased and in some cases have even decreased, leaving nurseries struggling to provide quality childcare for their children. This comes after the introduction of the National Living Wage, minimum wage increases as well increases in business rates and pensions, meaning nurseries are having to pay more while receiving less support.
We need your help to have our voice heard; join us at Tops Day Nurseries in our petition to ask the Government to pass more funding to the local authorities, who can in turn increase the amount of funding nurseries receive for their funded positions. Nurseries are closing because of the underfunding of the “free” nursery hours; we can’t allow this to happen and have the future of our children placed at risk.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- London OBC Open Meeting Minutes – 18.03.2018 March 28, 2019
- East of England Regional Meeting Minutes 06.02.2019 March 22, 2019
- Ofsted Big Conversation London Open Meeting February 13, 2019
- Ofsted Big Conversation West Midlands Open Meeting January 17, 2019
- South West Region Meeting – Taunton November 19, 2018