Ofsted’s annual report for 2014/15, published yesterday, reveals that existing contracts with third-party providers Tribal Group, Prospects Services and Serco Education, have been extended by a period of 18 months.
“We have extended our current contracts with our early years inspection service providers to March 2017,” the document states.
The announcement comes despite early years providers calling for the contracts, which were due to expire in September 2015, to be brought back in-house.
Providers have previously raised concerns about the consistency and quality of inspections carried out by third-party providers, which account for more than 90 per cent of Ofsted’s early years inspections.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- London OBC Open Meeting Minutes – 18.03.2018 March 28, 2019
- East of England Regional Meeting Minutes 06.02.2019 March 22, 2019
- Ofsted Big Conversation London Open Meeting February 13, 2019
- Ofsted Big Conversation West Midlands Open Meeting January 17, 2019
- South West Region Meeting – Taunton November 19, 2018